Thank you so much your interest in volunteering with Fighting for Dawn! We are very excited about our growth and currently need volunteers for the following areas. If you don’t see a perfect match for you, please check back as our needs are subject to change at any time.
- FOSTER HOMES: A foster home will provide love, time, and training (basic) for dogs/cats within the FFD program. FFD will provide supplies as need/desired but not limited to a crate, food, toys, vetting. The foster will be responsible for taking the pet to a minimum of 2 adoption events a month. The more adoption evens that the pet can attend, the more publicity it will receive speeding up the adoption process. We asked that fosters commit to the pet until a forever home is found so as not to bounce the pet around. The foster may be needed to help with transportation to and from the vet or FFD HQ.
- FUNDRAISER ORGANIZER: This person needs experience is organizing events.
- ADOPTION HELPERS: We need volunteers to help us out at adoptions by talking to visitors, walking the dogs, cleaning up accidents, maintaining water and food supply, helping set up and tear down. We will be at the Petco in Decatur Friday 1-4, Saturday 12-4. We can divide this into shifts.
- DOG WALKERS: We would love to have volunteers come over to walk the dogs, play fetch in the yard, or possibly take them on social events. Want a dog for exercise but can’t own a dog? This is perfect. Want a pup to come over to snuggle and watch a movie on a Saturday afternoon, perfect. Working with the dogs on basic manners is also very nice.
- ADMINISTRATIVE: We need someone who can print out handouts and put together adoption/foster packets. This will require printing papers at your own expense.
- LAUNDRY HELP: We need someone to pick up large beds once a week and take them to the laundry mat. We will provide supplies and quarters.
- VET TRANSPORT HELP: We need someone to help transport animals back and for to the vet for spay/neuter appointments. This would require picking up the pet from either the foster or FFD HQ and transporting to the vet. Tuesday and Wednesday would be to Locust Grove, Thursday and Friday would be to Dunwoody.
- PETFINDER/ADOPT A PET UPDATER: This person will keep the sites updated with adoptable dogs. This person will also need to update when pending or adopted.
If you can think of another job that you could perform to help out, feel free to tell us. We appreciate each and every volunteer and look forward to working with you.